Apr 25, 2006 8:35am
Re: Trying to upload--getting error
Have you tried using the Internet Archive's upload process? I'm not sure what might be going wrong with the other organizations' software, but you should be able to upload stuff directly through us:
* Go to http://www.archive.org/create/
* Type in the item identifier you'd like to use (e.g. gt556) and click the "create item" button
* Wait a few moments for the item to be checked out. This is the checkout page - don't close it! Once the item's checked out, you'll be given ftp information about where to upload your item. You can either use an FTP program to do this, or use Internet Explorer for windows.
* When you're done uploading, make sure you check the item back in! There's a link on the checkout page that will check it back in for you (or, if you're using IE, click the "Click here when done" link in your ftp window).
* Choose a mediatype and collection
* Enter metadata
* Wait about 10 minutes for your item to go live